Crossfit is a popular competition for gymnasts and athletics lovers around the globe. Reebok and Crossfit Inc. have been jointly sponsoring the championship since 2007. With just a few days to go, gymnasts are getting ready for the 20.1 Crossfit open. It’s a great way to check out your physical strength and weakness with your friends and family.
We bring you all the recent updates on what is Crossfit 20.1 all about it so that you can enjoy the show and give yourself a chance to test how strong you are.
What is Crossfit 20.1 All about It
Crossfit is an official workout competition to meet the grassroots athletes with the greatest in the arena. However, Crossfit 20.1 marks the 1st week of the open workout competition held around the year.
During the 1st week, contestants will have to upload the video of their workouts including –
- Ten rounds for the official time off
- Ground to overheads for right times with a weight limitation for 65 lbs.
- Ten times of Bar-facing burpees (At this time contestants are allowed to step over during burpees)
The time limit for the video is 15 minutes max.
How to watch Crossfit 20.1?
Crossfit 20.1 will be live-streamed in various platforms. Since 2017, CBS Sports is live telecasting the Crossfit events with a television broadcast arrangement through the popular CBS Sports Network. They are facilitating the competition with a 40 hours long commercial live streaming service. You can Watch CrossFit Online on any device from anywhere.
However, if you don’t have access to the CBS Network, there’s no need to get disappointed. Crossfit itself brings the live streaming options for worldwide fans through their official website and Facebook page. So, you can check into their Facebook to watch the live-streaming via ‘Facebook Watch. Apart from it, some videos are also available on YouTube.
Crossfit Open 2020 Workouts
The 2020 Crossfit free workouts feature a five-week-long workout schedule for the athletes across the planet. Each week’s workout has distinctive categories that athletes will have to perform and upload the video on the official website of Crossfit.
Each workout week will be marked with a unique number, which consists of the last two digits of 2020 and the week number. For example, the 1st-week workout is named as 20.1 and the 2nd week is titled as 20.2
- 1st week: In the first-week athletes will have to complete ten rounds for time off, ground to overheads for eight times, and bar facing burpees for ten times. The time limit is 15 minutes only.
- 2nd week: It features six toes-to-bars, four dumbbell thrusters, 24 double-unders, and 50 lbs. dumbbells. The time limits to 20 minutes.
- 3rd week: During this period, a participant will get 9 minutes only to showcase his skill on push-ups and deadlifts that has a wide range of categories.
- 4th Week: It has three events. These are single-leg squats, clean and jerks, as well as box-jumps in different weight and length categories, respectively.
- 5th week: Participants will require to perform 40 muscle-ups and 120 wall-ball shots within 20 minutes.
Note: All the athletic performances listed here are for men category who are aged between 18-34. With different ages and different skill levels, these events will change. So, we suggest you check the official Crossfit Games website to know the competition details.
Crossfit Games 2020 Tickets
Crossfit 2020 open game is the most extensive workout competition in the world. It has the opportunity for all to showcase their athletic level ranging from the teen level to the master level. It is free for all. Similarly, there’s no need to expend behind the tickets as well. You can watch the show live on different broadcasting and live streaming platforms.
However, if you want to participate in the competition, you will need to undergo a small and easy registration procedure on the official Crossfit site. Once you complete your registration, you can upload your workout videos for judgment.
It’s a fantastic opportunity with prize money crossing well over millions buck.
About CrossFit Open Workout 20.1
I have already mentioned the three workouts that an athlete will have to perform during the 20.1open workout. Now, let’s take a close look at when and how the open workout 20.1 will happen. In the beginning, an athlete will require to fix his barbell with the standard plates. This will allow the athlete to jump over the bars.
It starts when the athlete stands tall, and the barbells are on the ground. As the workout begins, participants will have to perform eight ground-to-overheads. After that, the participant may play ten rounds of 10 bar facing burpees.
There will be two ways of counting the scores
- Several rounds completed with the 15 minutes time limit.
- Total times required to complete all three workouts.
Crossfit workout competition is an excellent way to engage athlete communities across the globe. You may get the privilege to watch the show to see how athletics showcase their skills. Consequently, this detailed guideline on the Crossfit 20.1 open will come handy for you.